Is seeking to recruitment a
Refugee Crisis Development Officer (temporary – initially to end December 2022 with possible extension to end Q 1 2023)
Local Development Companies have been identified as a key local resource in the meeting and & greeting, the assessments of needs and supporting coordination of voluntary & statutory activity around the arrival of Ukrainian refugees into Ireland. As 08.08.2022 – 850 refugees have been supported by KLP and other actors in an increasingly coordinated response locally. Many of these first
It is envisaged that the Refugee Crisis Development Officer will;
- Act as lead on KLP supports
- Coordinate needs assessment across KLP staff and supporting staff from other agencies and voluntary groups.
- Support the development and ongoing updating of information resources.
- Supporting registrations with the Irish Protection Accommodation service (IPAS) and DSP.
- Support access to health services.
- Linkage of families to wider local services where they are remaining in the county.
- Support the coordinating/linkage with local voluntary groups that have developed to support the arrival of the refugees specifically and others who are organising to support the wider effort.
- Support integration of families and individuals into KLP offering and that of other service providers/actors in the county
This role will evolve with the shape of the Ukrainian refugees as they arrive.
- 3rd Level Qualification in in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years experiment working as a Senior Development Officer in the field of Community Development and in particular Social Inclusion Work/or significant experience in the are of people management in other settings.
- Ideally experience of working in a crisis context.
- Agile style of working.
- A proven track record in the delivery of programme related targets
- An excellent working knowledge of the Local Development Sector, and statutory and voluntary services.
Please forward a full CV and letter of application to: Kilkenny LEADER Partnership. Martin Rafter. Kilkenny LEADER Partnership. Patricks Court. Patrick St. Kilkenny. Tel: 056 7752111.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications: 5 pm Friday 19.08.2022