Kilkenny LEADER Partnership provide a number of strategic goals to combat long-term unemployment and social exclusion.
Individuals can avail of good sound career advice and access to supports to enhance their skills and abilities in relation to CV preparation, networking and Interview techniques. Career advice and job searching skills is critical to developing insight and confidence to each participant.
One to One Support
- Help with social welfare queries and questions
- Options in training and education, including those available locally
- Funding and grants for education, enterprise and employment
- Skills identification and CV preparation
- Interview preparation
- Links to employers
Upskilling and Personal Development
- We offer a range of part-time courses
- Childcare; Computers; Horticulture; Personal Development; Healthcare; and more
- Workshops and information sessions relating to education, enterprise and employment / job search
Business Support: Do you have an idea for a business? We can give you information on funding and business advice.
- Support with Back to Work Enterprise allowance application (BTWEA)
- Help with business plan and
- Links to County Enterprise Office, LEADER programme and local supports
KLP has a number of initiatives which support the unemployed , "low income" families, disadvantaged individuals and the community. The list of services are listed below.
The Tús initiative is a community work placement scheme providing short-term working opportunities for unemployed people. The work opportunities are to benefit the community and provide the person on placement opportunities such as,
- Specific work experience to their interest and/or skills base.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and capacity
- Grow in life skills and confidence
- Increase motivation and opportunities to find employmentClick here to find out more:
The Kilkenny Traveller Community Care Project was established in response to the growing health needs affecting the Traveller Community in Co Kilkenny.
RSS allows low-income farmers and fishermen/women who are unable to earn an adequate living from their farm holding or from fishing earn a supplementary income, gain skills and contribute to their community.
Kickstart is a job placement initiative for unemployed people developed by Kilkenny LEADER Partnership (KLP) to address the specific employment opportunities in Kilkenny and match local employers and interested jobseekers.
Contact us to set up an appointment:
or ring our office: 056 7752111