Community Development Specialist
(2 days per week to end December 2018)
The aim of the Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme (SICAP), 2018 -2022 is; ‘to reduce poverty and promote social inclusion and equality in Ireland through supporting communities and individuals using community development approaches, engagement and collaboration’. The programme delivers supports to communities, interest groups and individuals through two goals;
- Goal 1: Supporting Communities; supporting communities and target groups to engage with relevant stakeholders in identifying and addressing social exclusion and equality issues, developing the capacity of local community groups, and creating more sustainable communities.
- Goal 2: Supporting Individuals; supporting disadvantaged individuals to improve the quality of their lives through the provision of lifelong learning and labour market supports.
Working mainly under Goal 1but also under Gaol 2 with strong cross programme focus the Community Development Specialist will have a number of key tasks;
- Supporting local representative structures; in key communities/areas in Kilkenny City.
- Support/lead out of research and planning processes that influence the development of key communities/target groups.
- Growth of participation in and growth of community development activities in the city and other areas where required.
- Support the development of effective relationships and communication systems between all groups in operating areas; identifying appropriate feedback and accountability mechanisms between local groups and the wider community.
- Leveraging in of resources – funding and strategic - in to communities & groups. Delivery of projects’/programmes.
- Contribution to the development and maintenance of strong sector partnerships and the building of collaborations.
- 3rd Level Qualification in Community Development or related field.
- 5 years’ experience working as a Development Officer in the field of Community Development and in particular Social Inclusion/Equality Work.
- Experience of facilitating and developing effective local structures that encourage participation.
- A proven track record in the delivery of programme related targets.
- Project Management Experience.
- An excellent working knowledge of the Local Development Sector.
Please forward a full CV and letter of application to: Kilkenny LEADER Partnership. Martin Rafter. Kilkenny LEADER Partnership. Patricks Court. Patrick St. Kilkenny. Tel: 056 7752111.
Email: email@example.com. Closing date for applications: 5 pm Friday 23rd February 2018.
Please see the KLP TENDER page for more opportunities