Kickstart is a job placement initiative for unemployed people developed by Kilkenny LEADER Partnership (KLP) to address the specific employment opportunities in Kilkenny and match local employers and interested jobseekers. This programme was developed in partnership with State Street and the Department of Social Protection. Based on its consultation and research, Kickstart will place participants in sectors that offer real employment prospects and training. It is proposed that the lessons of Kickstart may influence national policy in the area of placements and unemployment. KLP developed Kickstart as a way of driving its Employability Strategy which was published in 2010, updated to the 2015 – 2018 strategy.
Kickstart will place participants in Kilkenny business sectors that offer the identified employment growth. With the support of general training in IT, communications, presentation skills and project management, the aim is to equip participants with the skills and experience to gain permanent employment in that sector. In addition, they have the opportunity to undertake a specialised training course in a project field recommended by the employer.
To support the implementation of the Kickstart Programme KLP is seeking a training provider to deliver the following pieces of work within the programme;
- Support the recruitment of 15 participants per programme through the interview and induction process
- Working with key KLP staff to recruit new employers to the programme
- Support the matching process between the participant and the employers
- Deliver core training in Personal Assessments, basic ICT and Communication Skills.
- Identify the project the employer needs developed and associated training required.
- Continued liaison between employer and participant to ensure retention
Delivery of necessary reports and project administration.
- 15 participants successfully placed on meaningful and relevant work placements
- Expansion of number of employers attached to the programme and database provided to KLP
- Progression of all participants on to jobs/self-employment, and/or further education and other outcomes such as internships and focused engagement with employment services
- Strengthening of the content of the programme where necessary.
To submit a tender please;
- Supply a detailed outline of the approach to and content of the work detailed above
- Supply clear costings for inputs
- Provide evidence of insurance
- Provide a current Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Provide evidence of previous work in training, development, employment and enterprise services
Submit tender to;
By post; Tom McDonald,. Kilkenny LEADER Partnership. 8 Patricks Ct. Patricks St Kilkenny.
Or by email to; firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 pm Friday 21st September 2018.
“The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018-2022 is funded by the Irish Government through the Department of Rural and Community Development and co-funded by the European Social Fund under the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) 2014-2020”