In 2015 Kilkenny LEADER Partnership and Kilkenny County Council supported the development of a Family Services, Community Development, and Employment & Enterprise Plan for a principal town in Co Kilkenny. Following this process and for the successful delivery of a plan it has been agreed that a local review of community structures in this town be carried out in cooperation with local community representatives.
The planning process revealed a number of issues;
- A number of poorly related community structures in the town.
- A level of conflict between these structures
- Cross over in terms of roles of committees and groups
- The potential addition of a Steering Committee to drive the plan above could further confuse the role of groups in terms of the towns development
- Committees (with significant responsibilities), that require strengthening e.g. the Hall Committee
- Services that require a level of community support – Childcare Service, Family Services – dedicated committees where relevant but not further adding to local representative/ participatory infrastructure.
- Through the process of good participatory community engagement and practices with local people and groups the successful tenderer will be expected to;
- Document the history of the development of local community structures. This will include extracting the original intended role of each committee/group and how this has changed (or not), over time
- Identification of overlap in function and alignment of ambitions
- Identification of areas of conflict.
- Identification of areas where a ‘small dedicated committee’ is required and/or needs strengthening
- Identification of areas where good relations can be built on
This must be combined in a plan for moving forward where structures will be;
- Better aligned/linked and networked
- Reduced in number if necessary
- Less conflicted
Support the foundation of a collaborative town structure that is visionary and strategic which will meet at least twice per year to support the delivery of an integrated plan for the town.
Value of tender; €5,000.00
Proposals should contain;
- Outline of methodology
- Detail of key outputs to be generated by planning process
- CV/Evidence of previous work
- Full set of costing’s
- Evidence of Qualifications’
- Tax Clearance Certificate for suppliers and contractors
- Insurance/Professional Indemnification
Deadline for Proposals;
We would ask that tender be received no later than 5:00 PM on 13/01/2017. Tenders can be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Kilkenny LEADER Partnership. 8 Patrick’s Court Kilkenny All queries should be made to Martin Rafter by email or telephone; 056 77 52111.