Is seeking to recruit an
Afterschool’s Support Worker (Programme Development)
The Kilkenny Traveller Community Movement Ltd. (KTCM) is a community development organisation which supports the development of Travellers in Kilkenny City and County. The Traveller Afterschool Service is a project of KTCM and supports the educational development of Traveller children. The service seeks to address educational disadvantage directly by providing Homework Support and Provision of other recreational and development activities for Traveller children.
We are seeking to employ a support worker to support the development and implementation of a programme of educational and recreational activities for children from school going age up to 15 years old. A key element will be the development of a structured set of individual child-centred learning supports through the work. The Support Worker will be responsible for supporting the manager with the day-to-day operations and management of the Centre with the specific responsibility of leading, demonstrating and mentoring the team in curriculum development.
Ideal candidates will have -
- A good standard of education particularly in relation to child development – ideally an Early Years qualification Level 7 or related area.
- Excellent working knowledge of leading, directing, mentoring and supporting a team to deliver a curriculum.
- Good working knowledge of standard industry inspections, Tusla, & Pobal and the maintenance of same.
- Have strong initiative and the ability to lead and demonstrate good practice to your team particularly in relation to the National Quality Guidelines for SAC.
- Good organisational and reporting skills.
- Be a member of and/or have experience in the delivery of services in the areas above to the Travelling Community and/or families living in disadvantaged communities.
- Be eligible for National Vetting for Child Protection.
- Good Interpersonal Skills to communicate and work with children and adults.
- Possess the ability to be adaptable and flexible and to work on own initiative
Queries to Martin Rafter. Kilkenny LEADER Partnership. 8 Patricks Court. Patrick St. Kilkenny. Tel: 056 7752111. E; firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications: 5 pm 24th October 2020